Sunday, June 6, 2021

Attacking Weight Loss from the Other Side?

Hello, I've been a struggling yo-yo dieter for my entire life. I've never managed to get to a goal weight, but I got about halfway once many years ago. For context, I'm female, 5'2, 35 years old and currently 193lbs which is close to my heaviest. This seems to be my weight "set point" as I always gravitate back to around this weight, give or take 5lbs.

I've been trying to think of why it's so hard for me to lose the weight, and why it's been 20 years of trying and failing at least once or twice per year through that time. I'm not a terribly unhealthy eater, I don't drink soda or alcohol at all, don't smoke or take drugs, I don't have sugar in coffee, I've been vegan for about ten years, and I eat whole grain bread and pasta. My problem is that I eat too much, and too many carbs. My portions are big because I have a big appetite, and I do have snacks fairly often. So I'm not saying that the weight has come out of nowhere, but here's the thing that I've been thinking about today.

I can lose weight if I restrict my calories to 1300ish per day. Any more than that and the weight loss slows to a stop. But. I HATE restricting my calories that low. I feel deprived, annoyed, and hungry, and I think that's why I never stick with it.

So today I came across a success story of a girl that is my height, started at my weight, and now she's at her goal weight and eats 2800 calories per day, double what I eat if I want to have a slow weight loss. Jealous!! But she lifts weights - and I wonder if I started lifting weights like that, would I be able to keep my calories at what they are generally (probably average at 2300 per day)? And if so, what sort of a lifting program would I need to start?

I've done some weight lifting before but not intensively so, and I'm guessing that it would need to be intensive to get the results I want. So I wonder if anyone still reading this has had a similar experience or is having the same issue with calories and a sluggish metabolism?

submitted by /u/FallyWaffles
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2T5MDDv

No comments:

Post a Comment