Thursday, June 10, 2021

Bulking up instead of losing cm/inches

I am pretty sure I will get scolded for this post as everytime I bring this topic up with someone who is even a bit into fitness totally disregards my experience saying it's impossible. I have always only done cardio training because whenever I do anything else I don't lose weight I just bulk up. Everyone I know loses weight from crossfit, while I made a nice form for my body but didn't lose literally any weight in 2 months. My latest experience is: I lost some weight with just dieting and I wanted to incorporate exercise in my weight loss journey. I started doing a youtube challenge for slimmer arms and what happened was when I measured my arms after 3 days of doing that I was actually 1cm more compared to 1 month ago. I checked my waist too so I'll know if its water retention or something but I've lost 6cm in the waist. My calorie intake is under 1200 every day(I am also trying to 5:2, where I go 5 days with 1200 and 5 days with 500 calories), I may go a bit over about once a week every secodn week. My body is pretty muscly even though I haven't been exercising regularly(I used to be a dancer and was roller blading regularly up to about 5 years ago) I am aware that is not possible to gain muscle in 3 days but this really frustrates me and demotivates me to continue. What I am looking for is for someone with similar issue who has been able to lose weight in the long run with exercising (not cardio), or for someone with a scientific explanation for this and what I may be doing wrong. Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/tory1915
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3563tVL

No comments:

Post a Comment