Thursday, June 10, 2021

[Century Club] June 10, 2021 - Have you lost or need to lose 100 lbs or more? Here’s a thread just for you!

I have often welcomed those who have lost 100+ lbs (~ 50 kg , ~7 stone) to “the club” and joked that club meetings were on Thursdays. I recently suggested that we try out having a regular weekly thread to talk about issues that are particular to those who have lost 100+ lbs, those who are well on their way and those who are just at the beginning of a journey this big.

Welcome back to the Century Club! Each week I will provide a topic of the day that has been on my mind or inspired by previous posts. However you are free to talk about any topics you think might be relevant to current and prospective club members.

Previous Topics: Disconnects - Activity - Years! - Fun! - Rhythms - How strict? - Relationships - Loose Skin Redux - Multiple Centuries - April Fools! - What didn't work? - Milestones - Seasonal changes - Is it worth it? - Surprising Food Facts - Mistakes were made - Time to Vent - Relief Valves - Seeing Objectively - Tips you hate - Fear and Self-Loathing - Starting - 2020 recap


Travel

Well Centurions, the time has come for me to return to my almost normal pre-pandemic work routine. Next week for the first time since early March 2020 I'm heading to the West Coast for a business trip.

I've predominantly been working out of my house for over a decade, but have typically spent 25% of my time in the office on the other side of the country from where I live.

Travel, especially for business, can be rough. Living out of a hotel, eating food out for a whole week and having to deal with social/business dinners as well as the presence of the snacks in the break room can throw my routine for a loop. For a vacation, the break in routine is part of the reason for the break.

No matter how many times I have done it since I started my weight loss journey, each trip is its own adventure. I fit SO much better on planes since losing the weight. I have no fear that I will be shamed for needing a seatbelt extender, nor will the table rest uncomfortably on my belly.

My carry on bag will also be a lot different than it has been since I no longer need to travel with a CPAP and my clothes are also so much smaller than they were at my HW. It'll be very strange not having to dedicate half of my carry on to a medical device.

I expect that I will follow similar patterns to my trips from the past few years.

  1. I will aim to get my runs in on Tuesday and Thursday since I'm spending Monday and Friday on planes and it's easier to walk than run in airports. I'm running a virtual 10K the weekend of 6/25-27 so this is not a good time for a week off training.
  2. I will probably hit the supermarket for whatever meals I expect to eat on my own. Breakfast in particular. My travel breakfast is usually two hard boiled eggs and a greek yogurt and maybe some berries a banana/a slice of bread/small ~100-150 kcal pastry.
  3. I won't avoid social dinners, but will look for opportunities to share food or otherwise reduce portion sizes.
  4. I will walk wherever I can during the week, especially on the days where I don't plan to run and am not stuck in airports. (Basically Wednesday).
  5. I won't sweat not being able to weigh myself for four days. Any increases seen when I get return will get ignored for a full week.

What about you Centurion? How do you manage being away from home and your routines while losing weight or maintaining at a lower weight? Has your travel experience and outlook changed much at different weights?

NOTE: I'll probably pre-draft my post for next week so that I don't miss a week!

submitted by /u/SmilingJaguar
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2TjH8l2

No comments:

Post a Comment