Thursday, June 10, 2021

I have officially lost 50 pounds!

This weight loss journey has been a lifelong struggle for me. I have found the reason why things weren’t working for me long-term was not because of what I was doing or what I was eating, it was because of my toxic relationship with food. The poor decisions I have made were the reasons for how I felt and looked.

I never binge eat or strictly ate junk food. I was quite the opposite. I did everything from vegan, to keto, to intermittent fasting, to OMAD... you name it, I probably tried it. I even was at the point I would go to the gym 5-6 days a week for 2 hours a day.

What I realized was, I was restricting myself too much, not allowing myself to enjoy the food I loved. And I don’t just mean I’ve cream and burgers. I stopped myself from enjoying foods from my culture, food that reminded me of growing up, food that I loved to cook.

I’ve learned that weight loss isn’t about all the restrictions, it’s about making better choices and balance. It’s about enjoying the food you love.... in moderation. It’s about listening to what your body wants and replenishing the nutrients it needs to thrive. I’ve incorporated more nutrient-dense, lower calorie-dense food to balance out the treats I give myself. I learned to not hate myself if I had a donut or a piece of bread but instead balance that out with a healthier dinner or maybe skip the afternoon snack I would normally have. Maybe if I want to have a nice dinner, I’ll take my dog on a long hike.

I dealt with body dysmorphia and atypical anorexia for a while now. I didn’t realize I did until I started this journey again. I wanted to share this with you all because someone shared their story with me and it made a big impact on how I view things now. I hope someone out there finds inspiration from my story!

submitted by /u/estefaniah
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3gnCM45

No comments:

Post a Comment