Thursday, June 10, 2021

Giving up CICO and weigh ins for better mental health

Hello everyone, I wanted to ask this very large community if any of you have successfully given up weighing in daily and counting calories and still found success in weight loss?

I have found after months of ups and down that weighing myself too frequently and setting a calorie limit (no,it wasn't too low) just had me discouraged, upset, over eating and constantly feeling like a failure.

I have used CICO in the past and on multiple occasions (4-5 times) lost 20-25 lbs in the summers but I always end up back around 155lbs (at 5'4") due to falling off track or winter inactivity or S.A.D. in the fall.

This time I'm trying to take a different approach. I only have 3 goals during the day: Drink water, eat mindfully and get 10k+ steps (and a bike ride weather permitting).

Has anyone else found freedom and success by dropping the numbers and doing things very old fashion (clothing fit, appearance, measurements)?

submitted by /u/dearthofkindness
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3wbUNJr

No comments:

Post a Comment