Thursday, June 10, 2021

Weight Loss Plateau, No Self Confidence

Long time reader, first time poster. I've also posted this to the hypothyroidism thread.

Background: 26F, 5'3, CW 65kg or 143bs

I've been diagnosed with Hypothyroidism but my doctor says my medication level is "fine" and doesn't really see the need to increase/adjust.

I can't for the life of me lose weight. I have no self confidence, no self esteem, just feel awful every time I look in the mirror and it's really getting me down. My boyfriend says he thinks I look great but I just feel like crying. I get stressed out when I have to get dressed up or go to meet anyone because I feel like I look awful in everything and I just want to wear baggy clothes. I'm not overweight, but I'm not skinny either. I carry a lot of weight in my legs/bum, but have a small waist and would say I have a more muscular build. I lost a little bit of weight (about 4kg) last year but that's completely stopped.

I feel like I've tried absolutely everything to lose weight (fat) and nothing works. I've stayed basically the same weight since Aug 2020 and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I understand weight loss plateaus but I literally cannot shift this.

I watch everything I eat, in a calorie deficit, get enough sleep, drink 2.5-3L of water a day, I've even started doing 16:8 Intermittent Fasting. I don't eat gluten (coeliac), dairy, or soy, and limit sugar and alcohol.

For exercise I do weight training 4-5 times a week, an hour of HIIT training twice a week, and go for an hour long walk every day (I make sure I always hit at least 10k steps everyday). I'm thinking of starting running 3 times a week too. When the gyms were closed I kept it up weight home workouts.

Any tips/advice/questions are very much welcome!

submitted by /u/Bees_knees183
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3cPk2tx

No comments:

Post a Comment