Thursday, June 10, 2021

Looking for a fun and productive workout? I gotchu

Ok, I have been working with a dietician for quite some time now and she mentioned that studies have shown working out for 5 days a week for at least 30 minutes makes it more likely that they will maintain their weight loss over the long term. I have been working out pretty consistently for 3 days a week sometimes even 4 on a good week but that 5th day has been elusive. (In my case we are not counting walking as a work out because I walk for at least 1.5 hours a day regardless because of my dog). She said I need to find something that will fit into my lifestyle and where I don't need to leave the house so I can throw it in when I am not feeling a traditional workout.

She mentioned dancing, yoga, etc. And I was like wait....would dancing while cleaning count? And she said yes, as long as you get your heart rate up and are sweating! Sooo guess who implemented a 30 minute twerk and clean routine into my workouts? It is so fun for me and silly but I am cleaning which I needed to do anyways and it really gets my heart rate up!

Anyways just thought I would share for anyone who is looking to alternatives to traditional workouts that are meant to introduce more movement into your life! If anyone else has a similar workout please leave it below! I am always looking for new ideas!

*In regards to the study I haven't actually seen it so I cannot tell you about their methodology or the effect size of 3 or 4 days vs 5 days. I have asked for studies from her before and they all used sound methods so I have stopped asking to see them. Also - I figured it couldn't hurt me to move more!

submitted by /u/etm31
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/358mSFu

No comments:

Post a Comment