Wednesday, June 2, 2021

CICO question - I was losing before, but now I'm not

I am a 30 yr old female, 5'8", 156 lbs (starting weight was 163 lbs) and I started tracking and being more active in March.

I'm aware that my weight might seem reasonable for someone my height, but my body doesn't carry it well. It's all in my stomach, back, upper arms, hips/thighs. My forearms, face, and lower legs are all very very skinny. So I have about 25 lbs of fat mostly on my torso. Every outfit looks so bad on me and I'm tired of it. My stomach hangs over my pants. I also have endometriosis and issues with my bodies mobility.

I work from home, so my life is pretty sedentary. I started becoming more active; I try to walk everyday, I workout at the gym or attend fitness classes 3x per week, and I am eating 1,300 calories per day. This isn't my first rodeo, I track EVERYTHING I eat. In the first 2 months, I lost 6 lbs total. In the last month, I've lost barely 1 lb.

The only differences between this month and the first two months are: I've had 1-3 drinks these past two weekends, and I've switched to working out more than hiking (I was hiking 3x per week before. Now I do 1x per week). My hikes weren't anything too strenuous so it's not like I burned a crazy amount of calories.

Besides, I always heard that weight loss is mostly about CICO rather than physical activity. So I am wondering how I went from losing 3 lbs per month to losing just 1 lbs in a month. The only differences in my calorie intake have been a couple of cocktails, but I included them in my calorie intake. I only went over my calorie intake a couple of times by only 200 calories.

This is the kind of stuff that causes me to lose motivation. :(

Any advice or encouragement?

submitted by /u/correct_carried
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3fIAHR2

No comments:

Post a Comment