Thursday, June 3, 2021

Doing everything "right" - still gaining - demoralized - please help? (TW - eating disorder history)

TW: mentions eating disorders

Quarantine was not kind to me. New baby right before lockdown (now 16 months - it's not baby weight), plus I'm rapidly approaching 40. I'm 10 lbs above my pre-quarantine weight and 20 lbs above my ultimate preferred weight.

I don't have much to lose, but for the first time in my life, I'm in a position where I could/should lose a bit (note that I have a history of eating disorder).

For the past 2 months, I've committed to "gentle" methods to get my physical health back on track, in the hopes that it would lead to weight loss. I've cleaned up my diet significantly, practice intermittent fasting (16:8) 5ish days a week, cut way back on alcohol, started doing yoga every day, tried to increase my daily step count (going for walks several times a week).

And I'm SO demoralized. I've GAINED 3 lbs over the past 2 months. (I step on the scale daily, this is my FitBit weekly average.)

}

I don't know how to lose weight in a moderate way. Clearly my gentle, health-supporting methods aren't doing jack shit (for my weight - I know they're good for me in general). The only other method I know is to succumb to the nasty whispers in my mind - the voice of MY mother loathing her body from as far back as I can remember, all the way up to the present day - I have a 5-year old daughter, and I've decided that shit stops with me. Even if I would go there for me, I won't go there for her.

Where do I go from here? I'd appreciate suggestions for new methods that might be effective without triggering + empathy/anyone in a similar situation?

submitted by /u/Inevitable_Place_651
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2SUjISQ

No comments:

Post a Comment