Saturday, June 12, 2021

Fitting pants with loose skin from weight loss?

If this doesn't fit the sub it's cool to delete, I just think this is a good group for advice.

I've been on an off/on weight loss journey for the last ten years and recently made some pretty good progress. I started at (or above) 375 and am now down to like 285 or so and falling. I've been heavy since I was six years old, so I have a lot of loose skin.

The real issue here I have had is how to fit pants properly. The fashion advice subs have always recommended that pants should fit just below your belly button. Thing is ... with my shape, I have the choice of fitting the pants over my loose skin and remaining (though slowly shrinking) belly fat or just slightly (and we're talking half an inch or so) below that.

Both options kind of suck.

  • Above: Requires a much larger waist. We're talking like, 48 or so? Can't be worn too tight or it feels bizarre, like my internal organs are being restricted. Seriously uncomfortable when sitting down. Sort of requires suspenders because the exact spot where they sit is where my stomach starts to curve back towards my abdomen. I'm not a fan of suspenders in general though I suspect they may be in my future.
  • Below: Creates that lovely muffin top effect. A bit challenging to keep the pants up and also there's the whole plumbers crack thing. Can make finding the right leg length tricky..

I'm a very casual dresser. West coast + IT professional means that dressier options would look really odd in many contexts, plus I just don't like the aesthetic that much. I was always more alt than the typical MFA uniform, if that makes sense. Were it up to me, I'd likely be in jeans and a band t-shirt most of the time, but then even jeans don't fit properly without the aforementioned suspenders. And who the hell wants to wear suspenders with jeans?

It's just a very difficult engineering problem and I'm wondering if anyone else with my shape has a decent solution for it. Do I just need to learn to like different clothes? I'm married with two kids so it's not like I need to impress anyone, but I understand how this looks. Anyone have any ideas?

submitted by /u/The_Unreal
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3pV0Yzi

No comments:

Post a Comment