Sunday, June 13, 2021

Help, How to fight the urge to snack at work?

Hey guys, so I’ve been limboing back and forth with finally getting to a good weight loss routine. I’ve been dating my boyfriend now for over three months, we moved in together and it’s helped me feel like there’s another person around me to help me feel accountable for my decisions. We’d take long walks, we got gym memberships, take weekly yoga classes, eat more fruits and vegetables, drink more water, and cook more often. With working from home I felt happy because I got a good routine down of what to eat during what times, and have avoided buying junk food like chips, cookies, juices, etc.,

But now my office is mandating that we all return to the office full time. My job has a big break room with lots of snacks like potato chips, granola bars, soda, juice, and they often order things like donuts, bagels, and chicken sandwiches for breakfast and lunch. I pack my lunch usually with healthy things and I try to tell myself not to eat the extra things from the office. But even when I start the morning off well, the afternoon slump causes me to reach for those snacks, especially if I’m stressed about something. I know it’s not my job’s fault, and I should learn how to resist the need to eat junk food when I’m stressed, bored, or anxious, but this is usually the hardest part of my weight loss journey and I don’t want to keep messing up. I usually justify it by saying “oh these chips are only 120 calories. I’ll burn it off when I go to the gym after work.” But I don’t want to keep giving myself excuses like that.

For more context, I am 28F, 5’7”, at 197lbs and my ultimate goal weight is 145lbs. I’m not trying to get there at a specific date but my boyfriend is a lot healthier/fit than me, and even though he’s very encouraging, I don’t want to feel like my weight/lack of energy and anxiety will stop me from being able to enjoy a happy life with him and help me do the things I’ve always wanted to do.

tl:dr; going back to work makes fighting the urge to eat snack food so much harder. What are some tips that have helped you stay on track when eating at work/out in general?

submitted by /u/ajschwifty
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3znkFEa

No comments:

Post a Comment