Saturday, June 5, 2021

How do you stop feeling trapped in your fat body?

For those of you who lost a lot of weight.... meaning over 100 pounds... how do you stop feeling trapped in your body during the weight loss?

Last year, I weighed over 400 pounds. As of today, I'm at 325. That's almost 90 pounds gone in about a year and a half. It's been incredibly slow, and knowing that weight loss only gets slower as you get lighter, I'm feeling like I'll still be fat years from now.

I have a lot of victories... whether it's the steadily decreasing numbers on the scale, the fact that I'm wearing clothes a size smaller than before and they're still loose, the fact that I have skin that's starting to get all wrinkly and saggy and I can pinch and pull at it way more than I ever could before... and I have before and after photos that show my eyes the difference.

But when I wake up in the morning and hop in the shower and put on my work clothes... I still look down at my body and see what I saw a year ago. My giant gut. My man-boobs that are bigger than most women have.

Obviously, I can't change this. I know that I have body dysmorphia preventing me from seeing the changes in a mirror or when looking down. I know that weight loss takes time and I won't just wake up tomorrow in the body I want to be in. But there are so many things I want to do, and I'm an impatient person. How do you cope with accepting the fact that it's not an overnight thing?

It's especially discouraging because I'm still physically HUGE, despite having lost almost 100 pounds now. 100 pounds later and I'm only wearing clothes that are a size smaller? It feels like no matter how low the number on the scale gets, this is what I'll always look and feel like. I just want it gone.

submitted by /u/DunTuchMaFud
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2S3PYDf

No comments:

Post a Comment