Monday, June 14, 2021

I don’t weigh my (low starch) vegetables

I’m super morbidly obese and in enough of a calorie deficit that being a little over on the vegetable calories doesn’t bother me at all. I make a reasonable portion and just eyeball it.

I got fat eating pizza and nachos and fries and cake and Mars bars and wine. So much wine.

A big part of this weight loss for me (27lbs down so far) isn’t just eating less it’s making better choices and eating healthier, too.

I don’t want to nickel and dime myself on freakin bell peppers and cucumbers and spinach.

I don’t count them as free calories, I still track them, but very loosely.

For me it’s about reducing the mental load of dieting. As a life long perfectionist with a history of ED, allowing some things to just be whatever has taken a lot of the stress out of it for me. For the first time in years of trying to lose weight it’s actually working and it’s partially due to me not being so rigid. I also have a calorie range rather than a static number.

If anyone has any tips on reducing mental load while dieting I’d love to hear them. Thanks

submitted by /u/colsamcartergsd
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3cGF0dH

No comments:

Post a Comment