Monday, June 14, 2021

Appreciation post

Hi Loseit,

I just wanted to post an appreciation post for this community along with the main things I learned along the way. Technically I haven't reached my GW (165 lbs) but I reached a weight I am completely satisfied with (170 lbs) and then if I lose 5 more pounds then hey all the better.

I'm only 21. So most of my life I was an ignorant slave to food. I didn't know about calories, I kind of knew about macros, and I was one of those people who thought working out was the main way to lose weight. Boy was I wrong. It is actually unfortunate because now I try less hard at the gym or running because all my motivation came from "Well if I do this workout/run as hard as I can I have to lose weight" so you could imagine I was usually in ok shape because I worked out so hard (I am often on the edge of BMI overweight/normal most of my life).

I joined this community and within 2 days learned about calorie counting - LIFE CHANGER. Now if I get big, I can say "Well you ate over your calories day after day what did you expect?" It is so freeing to know that there is an absolute way to lose weight (and assuming you don't suffer from something that makes weight loss harder, it is relatively easy, atleast for me it was). Counting calories has taught me what my food is worth. It has taught me how much calories some alcohol is. It taught me that moderation of unhealthy foods is completely fine. I have learned so much from this community and implemented calorie counting into my life and it has been literally a life changer.

Now that I am near my GW I am just focussing on being in a minor deficit but nothing crazy. I do over eat some days, eat less some other days, it kind of varies. I have ran the past 5 days straight and in general the past 4 months, something I loved to do 5+ years ago. Most of you are probably trying to get to a GW right now and are curious how it feels and it does feel liberating. It's exciting and triumphant, a goal finally reached. Again, I am not at my GW but I feel I am mentally and physically. Anyways, I wish all of you the best on your journeys and good health during COVID. For the people who suffer from something that hinges your weight loss we see you. You have the extra struggle which will hopefully make it a more meaningful pursuit. Good luck you beautiful people!

P.S: Special thanks to the maintainers in this sub that I see post after post give great advice. You were the ones who started my journey and helped me tremendously!

submitted by /u/Footloose27
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3xqZLSR

No comments:

Post a Comment