Monday, June 14, 2021

I needed accountability to get started and kick bad habits

I'm 5'6" and my lowest adult weight was about 4 years ago when I was 135 but I only got down that low by doing extended fasting. I would routinely do 2-3 day fasts each week and at one point fasted for 5 days. It became addicting to see the scale drop down dramatically and feel like "I was doing the most I could to lose weight". Then I realized how unhealthy my eating habits were (esp since sometimes the day after a fast I would binge and then fast again the next day).

Cue to years later of unhealthy dieting and binging cycles and gaining 25 lbs and ending up with an overweight BMI. Recently I did a kickboxing six-week program and honestly those six weeks of having a diet that someone else told me to do changed my life. I had more desire to get my deposit back and beat the challenge than to binge.

The challenge is done for me now and I'm still eating from the meal plan given to me. In 6 weeks I gained a lot of muscle and lost a total of 13 pounds. It's been a few weeks since then and down a total of 18 pounds to 142 and for the first time in years I feel like I'm on the path to successful and healthy weight loss.

submitted by /u/bananabere1016
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3pUztG8

No comments:

Post a Comment