Friday, June 4, 2021

Looking to start losing weight because I'm young and can't stand looking at my gut anymore. I'd love any tips from others who have been where I am!

Hello everyone! I'm a first time poster here...and I'm looking to see what advice people might have about my planned approach to my weight loss.

My current weight is 338 lbs. I'm 5'9", and 26 years old. My goal weight is around 240-250 lbs. I'm a person with a wide frame and stocky body type underneath the fat.

I just purchased and set up a treadmill in my home and plan to use it every single day to simply walk. Currently, my plan is to walk 2 hours every day - 1 hour in the morning, 1 hour in the evening. I also have set up an account with LoseIt to track my calories and everything I eat. Right now, my focus is to simply burn fat. Eventually, I'm going to add in weightlifting to my routine 3-4 times a week. Does this sound like a good basis for a weight loss plan?

Just as further background, I work in a desk job in the automated warehouse industry, so my lifestyle has been rather sedentary for the last 3.5 years after graduating college. My lovely wife is of the mindset that any change in my exercise level most certainly wouldn't hurt. My own health and our future as a family is what is driving me to finally stick with this.

I appreciate any feedback you all can offer, I've been reading through other posts here and they've been a big help.

submitted by /u/JahnDavis27
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/34QbHkE

No comments:

Post a Comment