Tuesday, June 1, 2021

My 4 Year Journey - 450 pounds to 170 pounds. Never give up, never surrender!

So it has been 4 years since I started my weight loss journey and I just wanted to give an update. As you can see, the past year has had some ups and downs. Maintenance is not as linear as some might expect. For me, it mostly consists of periods of gaining a little and periods of losing a little. Though my weight is similar to a year ago it has fluctuated quite a bit over the year.

Progress Photo and Weight Loss Graphs

I started with small changes to my diet, like removing fast food, and just kept eating less and less as my weight dropped. I went from drinking soda, to low calorie lemonade, to just water. As I lost weight, I began to eat healthier and healthier. Quarantine has improved my diet substantially as I have had more time to cook. I make eggs in the morning followed by fruit for a snack. I have chicken, tuna, veggies, and a protein shake for lunch. For dinner I have chicken and veggies again. I have peanut butter and casein before bed. I like to have one cheat meal and lots of health snacks on the weekend. Halo Top ice cream is a lifesaver. I have never really tracked my calories, but I am always mindful of how much I am eating. I weigh myself ever morning.

When I started I would walk a lot, 2-3 hours on workdays and 5-8 hours a day on the weekends. I eventually transitioned to running and now I run 10-15 miles a day usually, even more on the weekends. I run at a slow leisurely pace and enjoy podcasts everyday. It is my version of sitting around watching TV. It sounds like a lot, but it doesn't feel that way. My gym just finally reopened so I started weight lifting again this morning. I am hoping to pack on a little bit of muscle, but mostly just to maintain my weight loss. I would like to stay under 180 but I am not afraid of gaining a little bit in the winter. It is more about sustainability than staying at a certain weight.

I am happy to answer any questions, and I just want you to know that I may seem like the exception, but I am not. I believe that all of us can achieve our goals if we work hard and keep fighting for them everyday. If you fall down, get back up. You are in control. You can do this. Where will you be in 4 years?

submitted by /u/FreethoughtChris
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3fD7SWk

No comments:

Post a Comment