Tuesday, June 1, 2021

I committed to walk 31 miles in May. I achieved my goal, and I am more proud than I’ve been in a long time!!!

Original post here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/n53m9d/im_committing_to_walkingjogging_31_miles_in_may/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Basically, I promised myself that I would walk 31 miles in the month of May. Ideally one mile per day, but I would have to make up the mile if I skipped any days. Before May, it had been several months (6 or more) since I had done ANY physical activity, so this was a big goal for me.

I actually ended up doing 36 miles for the whole month, and burning 4,600 calories! I went from taking 20 minutes to walk a mile and having to stop to rest.....to now being able to walk a mile without stopping in 15:04!

I found that walking everyday motivated me in other areas of my life, too. I ended up doing a combination of intermittent fasting/OMAD for the last 26 days of the month, I gave up sugary drinks and ONLY drank water for the last 11 days of the month, and I also did step aerobics and kettlebell exercises a few times throughout the month.

As for results, I didn’t lose any weight sad face lol. I weighed 151.2 lbs on May 1st and that’s exactly what I weighed today. It went up or down by a pound or two at various points throughout the month. BUT I can swear my stomach looks less bloated than it usually does (I should have taken measurements), and a pair of pants that were too tight a month ago now fit comfortably.

So overall, I’m happy that I achieved my goal. And the mental benefits from staying disciplined enough to achieve it make up for the fact that I didn’t lose any weight. I wasn’t expecting to lose a ton, but a pound would have been nice (my goal weight is 135 pounds and I’m 5’5”). Now, I’m excited to set a new fitness goal for this month and hopefully start seeing some weight loss. Thank you all for your encouragement and for sharing your journeys! It’s what motivated me to get up and move! 🥳

submitted by /u/heart_of_gold2
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2RSRYy9

No comments:

Post a Comment