Wednesday, June 9, 2021

My friend gets upset when I don’t want to eat. How do I navigate this gracefully?

I’m on mobile, apologies in advance. Hi all! My flair is not current but my SW was 314lbs. My CW is somewhere around 180-190. GW is 130. I lost the majority of the weight 4 years ago and I’m taking it slow but steady for the remaining.

My best friend and I met my freshman year of community college and admittedly ate out a lot together. I think I gained 30lbs in a semester.

There have been times I’ve told her “I’m not very hungry” or “I just ate” and she will (half jokingly) say things like “okay I’ll just starve” or “don’t talk to me for the rest of the day” or imply I ruined the entire day and because of that I’ll usually just go eat with her. If we go out to eat and I don’t get what she deems to be enough food or if I order a water, she’ll also become upset.

I know part of this is her poking fun at me. Just typical friend teasing. She knows about my weight loss, but I also think I may be unintentionally making her insecure about herself. I want her to eat even if I don’t! I hate when she becomes mopey. Although I know if I brought this up to her in a serious way she’d say she was never being serious but probably still be hurt.

Her self confidence is super low so I really want to approach this in the least confrontational way as possible. The last thing I want is to upset her or make her feel like I judge her in any way.

If anyone has any advice it would be so appreciated.

submitted by /u/okayellie
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2TgYuis

No comments:

Post a Comment