Wednesday, June 9, 2021

My 30 day, no night time eating challenge accountability post.

My biggest barrier to weight loss, I believe, is night time eating. I was doing well with a smaller calorie deficit, and had stopped night time eating, until I sprained my ankle. This derailed my exercise regimen I had begun, and is messing with my emotional state. I have started eating at night again.

I do very well during the day, and have no problem sticking to my goals, but at night after a difficult day I enjoy eating an extra meal (or two). The calorie counting during the day is probably the only reason I am now maintaining, where I was gaining a few months ago.

Last night I decided to be done with it. I am no longer eating after dinner. My weight may be(probably is) part of why my ankle still isn't healed after over a week. I am starting this thread for accountability. I am hovering between obese and overweight depending on the day, and would like to lose 50-60lbs. Right now I'm only maintaining. With my ankle limiting my mobility my daily calorie burn has decreased significantly, and I don't want to gain any more weight.

I am allowing myself several of my favorite low calorie drinks at night after dinner if I feel like having something-

Mint tea(0 calories)

Decaf coffee with up to 1/2 cup unsweetened soy milk(40 calories)

Homemade low calorie hot chocolate mix(truvia based)(40 calories)

Unsweetened flavored seltzer water with up to 1/8 cup OJ for extra flavor(one of my absolute favorites with lime seltzer)(15 calories)

Day one was a half success. This is day two. I will comment on this post each day stating whether I was successful in my goals of not eating after dinner, and staying at or below my calorie limit. I will be looking for a seated exercise routine I enjoy, so I may add that in as a goal soon, since I don't know how long my ankle will limit my ability to walk, which is my preferred exercise.

Day one:

Stayed at or below calorie limit?

No, +267

No eating after dinner?

Success

Day two:

Stayed at or below calorie limit?

No eating after dinner?

(I hope this kind of post is okay, if anybody wants to follow along feel free! I know others struggle with this as well)

submitted by /u/KatiesPaperCaper
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3itOxIU

No comments:

Post a Comment