Friday, June 4, 2021

Question about CICO

So, maybe it's my fault because I haven't done enough research... However, I have been experimenting with IF in addition to CICO, lately and in doing so I joined a group on FB. There are a lot of beginner questions on this group (which is great for learning!), and one of those questions that were asked was about whether someone could still have a can of soda or something along those lines.. I responded and said that while there is a lot of sugar in non-diet sodas, as long as the calorie count was factored into your daily allowance you could still lose weight because CICO is the most important factor when it comes to weight loss. Well, I immediately received about 4 responses all telling me that CICO is a myth and that it depends on food that trigger an insulin response and that my information is outdated and that I've been doing things wrong. I was told to read Obesity Code by Dr. Jason Fung and that I needed to update my knowledge.

I've been on a calorie deficit for quite some time and I'm down 35 lbs, I still have about another 50lbs or so to lose... But now I'm confused. Is my knowledge outdated? Should be doing something different? CICO is working for me. I thought it was just basic physics and science... Eat less than your body burns and you'll lose weight. Is this not the case after all?

submitted by /u/nocoffeethanks
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3x1i4NY

No comments:

Post a Comment