Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Stories where you did not “just gain it all back”?

Hi everyone,

I’d love to hear your stories if you’d be willing to share how you met your goals and maintained (if you have)?

Hearing the phrase “you’ll just gain it all back” is always so disheartening to me, and I feel like I’m seeing it more often, especially in discussions where people discuss the concept of set point, or try to advocate for healthy habits while trying to ignore weight loss numbers, for example.

I feel like I just kind of hit a point of true frustration today when discussing my goals with my doctor. They told me if my goal was “weight loss” I am destined to gain it all back and so that can’t be a goal.

And while their heart may have been in the right place (focus on building healthy habits that you can sustain long term), I left feeling very disheartened, as if knowing I’m overweight and wanting to change that puts me in the wrong.

Furthermore, I feel this phrase becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy! Certainly people succeed at weight loss and keep the weight off! But how can you hope to do something like that if the conversations focus on the impossibility of it, instead of discussing ways to successfully maintain once you hit a healthy weight?

Anyway, I would love to hear stories that counter this idea.. that help to keep us inspired that once we hit our goals, it is possible to maintain.

Thank you all in advance.

submitted by /u/maxxxamillion
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3csqGFK

No comments:

Post a Comment