Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Ugh, in the doldrums of weight loss

I'm down 43.6 lbs (301.8 lbs to 258.2 lbs as a 6'4" male since December) and I'm hitting the doldrums of weight loss. I still have ~15 lbs to go to transition from the medically obese to just overweight category and have hit a stall for a couple of weeks. Worse, I have visibly lost fat (went down a shirt size from 3x to 2x and easily fit in any 2x now) but... my double chin has become a waddle while shrinking. Its definitely receding but its doing so in a pattern like I'm an elderly person which kinda sucks. Overall I'm going through that whole awkward phase of looking like someone put a fat guy in the microwave. Anyone else similar to me have that fat loss pattern and did it eventually tighten up for them?

Intellectually I recognize that as long as I keep at it, this is just a temporary transitional phase but it definitely sucks. Eating salads and grilled meat 6 days a week is also wearing thin. I can definitely see why a lot of people fall off the wagon and gain it all back. I'm going to stick with it because again, my math brain tells me that I'm pretty close to a breakthrough lbs wise even if my body is gonna fight me for those last 15 to the next intermediate goal. But its rough when you don't even want to binge eat, just eat like a normal person, but you can't.

submitted by /u/AStrangerWCandy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3v6kA48

No comments:

Post a Comment