Thursday, June 10, 2021

SV - I officially lost 40 pounds, and also my mirror got dirtier

I think I've only ever replied to people in here, I've never actually done my own post! But as of this morning I am officially down 40 pounds (I've been at the almost 40 mark for a little while now, so if I've said "I've lost 40 pounds" recently I was just rounding up by a pound!) I started my weight loss on January 4, after gaining a whole bunch of weight in the past two years.

before and after, wow I really need to clean my mirror, but fully SFW, very clothed

This was the only full body shot I had post-weight gain and pre-weight loss, I wish I had been wearing a more form-fitting shirt but I figured I should put on the same outfit! Wow those jeans are more comfortable now!

Also realizing I can see that an extra 40 pounds was making my already wide feet wider? Had no idea.

What I've done is:

  • Keep my calories at around an average of 1600 a day (1500 Sunday-Thursday, 1800 Friday-Saturday, though sometimes it's more like 2300 on a random Saturday because I really want cookies and cocktails and whatever, that's fine). I track in MyFitnessPal and I always track, even on those days that I go way over.
  • I was already vegan, which has been helpful because I'm really used to making vegetables a central part of my diet. I eat a ton of them.
  • Cutting out oil when it was easy to do so. I am not 100% WFPB at all but when it's easy to leave it out I do it, in cooking vegetables or whatever.
  • Consciously upping my protein has really helped with satiety, I try for 75-100 grams.
  • Not cutting out any foods, because realistically, I'm going to go to the local vegan donut shop, and like, I'm going to eat two donuts, not just one, because I want to try different flavors, and that's fine as long as it's happening occasionally and I'm conscious of what I'm eating the rest of the day.
  • DESCHUTES WOWZA LO-CAL HAZY PALE ALE, my lord and savior. Also White Claw at bars.
  • Also I am the anti-intermittent faster, I eat three meals and 2-3 snacks a day!
  • Lastly I think my constant fidgeting plays a role in my TDEE being higher than what the calculators say, thank you ADHD, it's the only thing you're good for.
submitted by /u/louvellalouvella
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3v5CPHa

No comments:

Post a Comment