Thursday, June 10, 2021

Weight 220, Goal is 170. Should I plan on doing some muscle mass increase along the way (which would include some weight gain periods)?

I'm counting calories and exercising to achieve my goal of losing 1 lb per week. Tracking with My Fitness Buddy and a good scale. Doing at least 30 min cycling each day (at least 100 cal), and will be doing some lightweight resistance training to preserve some lean muscle mass.

I'm considering occasionally adding in a small weight gain/lean muscle gain period. Do people even do that? What kind of a system might that be called?

Sex: Male
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 220 lb
Age: 56


Below this line is just background info blah blah blah that is not necessary to answer the above question.

I was born in 1965. I used to weight a lot less but gained 40 pounds during covid. I hope that someone here can help answer my question above. It would help me out a lot and I would really appreciate it. I'm sure that I can lose my weight. The system I'm using is to just buy frozen dinners and that makes counting calories super easy. I'll add in some bread and butter or something. Other than the frozen foods, I carefully weigh everything.

I'm also using my fitness pal, which lets me scan the bar code and get that added to my diet. Easy peasy! I also have a Withings Internet bathroom scale. I chose the withings over a cheaper bluetooth because that way I can just step on it and it automatically records, no need to worry about connecting to a phone every time.

But my main question is whether or not I should add in cycles of lean muscle mass gains into my weight loss plan.

submitted by /u/TooflessSnek
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3iyMtj2

No comments:

Post a Comment