Monday, June 7, 2021

Weight loss going well, but worried about loose skin

Hi all

I'm 28, 171cm tall, male and weighed 115KG (almost a week in and I'm now 111KG). Covid has absolutely rekt me as I've become lazy and have really piled on the weight this year. I've always been heavy, but thankfully as a youngster I played lots of sports, it was mainly post university at 22/23 that I started to get lazy, with Covid over the past year or two compounding this further.

I've joined a gym and in less than a week alone I've lost around 4KG thanks to a jumping on the bike and doing around 10/15KM a day on that, cross trainer for about 20mins a day, some weights (mainly biceps and chest focussed, would definitely like some advice on what weight training to incorporate as I've never really done weights before in my life) and trying to get in around 10,000 steps a day walking around my local area (I'll start jogging soon, just don't want to ruin my knees just yet as I'm quite heavy at the moment). I've also got my fitness pal downloaded and am eating around 1500 calories of healthy food each day with intermittent fasting (I start eating around 2PM, which I've not found hard as I generally don't do breakfast anyway). I'm honestly enjoying it and am not feeling hungry at the end of the day. I limit myself to one 90-calorie Fibre one bar a day for my sugar rush, and treat myself to one Fanta zero/Coke Zero can every 3-4 days (will try and push this to every week). Cheat meals I'm going to try and do once a month, and even then I will limit to grilled food like Nandos.

I'm therefore hopeful I can lose about 20-25KG in 2-3 months, as I've got a lot of fat to loose, and the guides I'm following online have all lost about that much weight in 2-3 months, however I'm worried about loose skin. At the current rate I'm loosing around 3-4KG a week, however even if that goes to 2KG a week, I'll still be down 20KG in around 2 months, therefore, my questions are:

  1. What should I be doing to avoid loose skin, in terms of exercises? I've read that building lean muscle helps, as well as tightening all of the hot spots of loose skin (like tummy, thighs, arms, man boob etc), however what exactly are these lean building/tightening exercises? I just don't want a flabby stomach pouch, and my chest to have loose skin, nor my arms etc. Others have said I should just go on long walks, like 10,000/20,000 steps a day and use the cross trainer?
  2. Am I losing too much weight quickly? I'm honestly loving the gym right now and don't feel too tired burning 800 calories through the mix of exercises mentioned above (25% of the calories come from my morning walk, 25% from my bike ride and the other 50% a mix of weights, cross trainer and maybe some more walking). Therefore by my calculations, I should be on track to lose 10KG in a month, and maybe 20KG in two months?
  3. For my height and weight (above) and as a 28YO male, is 1500 calories enough? I'm also burning a solid 800 calories a day according to my Apple Watch too, sometimes 1000
  4. I've also read that I should be taking collagen supplements. Anything else? I take Wellman tablets too daily
  5. I've seen others at the gym taking things like protein shakes? But I'm losing weight rather than bulking, so should I also be doing this?

Thanks all!

submitted by /u/mantaraptor
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3w73sNa

No comments:

Post a Comment