Saturday, September 11, 2021

26F not losing weight and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong?

I'm 26F, and 5'3" tall. I was 121 pounds 3 years back until I was diagnosed with major depressive disorder and was put on meds. At that point in time, I was eating intuitively, my work at a biology lab involved mostly standing and light walking around, etc. So it was not a classic sedentary lifestyle.

Something changed once I started to take the medication I think. I don't know if I started to eat more, because I didn't notice any major changes in my eating, but I put on 6-7 pounds over the following 2 years. So I was around 128 pounds in December 2020.

This February (2021), I had an awful depressive episode and my doctor put me on an antidepressant cocktail. Since then I've suddenly jumped up to 141 pounds. It was a really quick weight gain, I could even feel my body get heavier. I had weird and specific food cravings all the time. I was monitoring my weight off and on but through my mental health issues, I couldn't really care much.

This summer I decided I need to lose weight. I stopped eating out for more than once a week, I started counting my calories. The BMR calculator said I need 1700 calories per day but I am restricting myself to 1200-1300 calories a day. I've been working out ~2 times a week, doing cardio, deadlifts, weights, etc. My weight isn't increasing at least, but I'm unable to lose any weight at all. Not even a few pounds. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I finally gathered the courage to stop taking the antidepressant cocktail last month. I seriously suspect that is the main reason for my weight gain. But even after getting off the medication, cutting my calories, etc. I'm not losing any weight. How do I figure out what I'm doing wrong? I'm sure I'm not counting calories wrong. I've been pretty meticulous about it. Even if I am counting them wrong, I don't think I'll be 600-800 calories off. How do I then explain my lack of weight loss?

submitted by /u/Cats_andCurls
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2VCyQGq

No comments:

Post a Comment