Thursday, September 2, 2021

Accurate calorie counting for exercise

I have a really weird situation and I'm hoping to get some guidance. For my birthday my partner bought me a Polar h10 heart rate counter to help me with my weight loss (I asked for it - don't worry).

Here are my personal stats -

29, 5 foot 10, 188.6 pounds, Male.

I've just done my first run. Here is the data -

  1. Distance run - 2.54 miles
  2. Minutes - 25 minutes
  3. Average Heart Rate - 191 bpm
  4. Pace - 09:51 min/mile

The heart rate seems *really* high as I felt like I could continue (I control mileage as I am coming back into running after putting on 30 pounds).

The interesting part is the calories burned -

  1. Polar H10 - 526 kcal
  2. Plugging in the distance and speed into an online calculator, I burned 326 kcal. I used this one - https://keisan.casio.com/exec/system/1350959101

How do I know which figure to trust?

I would have gone with the heart rate monitor, but I didn't feel like I was exerting that much.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/karna852
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3mR9e3M

No comments:

Post a Comment