Saturday, September 18, 2021

Am I crazy or are my friends jealous?

God, i hate the way the title sounds but hear me out. i’ve (F18) recently made a post about how invalidated i feel as a person who has lost nearly 20 pounds since last year because the physical differences aren’t as visible as I’d hoped they would be. While i don’t look drastically different, I have changed. What’s more, I have gained more confidence just due to the fact that I am no longer pushing childhood obesity 😆 The numbers on the scale actually did miracles for my self esteem. I now wear more flattering clothes, take more pictures and even go out a little more. The people in my life who see me often and know what i looked like a couple years ago such as my parents, aunties and some friends have acknowledged my weight loss and don’t question it because it’s evident that I am thinner. However, i have some friends who have made it a point to question my journey and don’t believe it when I mention i’ve lost weight. I get comments like “really? you look the same!” or “I don’t see it” and it just doesn’t feel right…. Further, these people have little respect for my diet and eating habits and try to make me feel crazy for trying to make healthier choices. They’re almost mocking me. It’s like they think i’m destined to be fat forever. It’s worth noting one friend has always been heavier than me. She’s a lovely childhood friend and i adore her and I know she’s struggled with her own weight and self confidence. Sometimes i wonder if she just wants us to be fat together and if she’s a little bitter that i have decided to turn my life around… I hope I don’t sound like a horrible person but i needed to get this off my chest!

submitted by /u/peachyskies111
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2XGJSLA

No comments:

Post a Comment