Sunday, September 5, 2021

Any tips for weight loss after total thyroidectomy?

I (25f) have been dealing with a tough case of Graves disease for 2 years. I have my total thyroidectomy scheduled for next Wednesday, so exciting! Like many of my fellow Graves patients out there, my weight has fluctuated A LOT. I'm 5'7 and before treatment, I had spent most of my teen and adult life at around 136 pounds, the perfect weight for me.

Since being diagnosed, my weight has shifted between 123 and 187 pounds, and in the last months, I have been on the heavier side. I exercise often and am conscious of my eating (which wasn't at all the case when I was healthy). It's really disheartening to feel like you have no control over your own body.

I'm super eager to get back on track, but I'm still super nervous. Does anyone have any experience with height loss after thyroid removal? Any tips?

submitted by /u/damiunte
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3yM4Qp8

No comments:

Post a Comment