Monday, September 6, 2021

As of today, I am 3 months into my weight loss journey and down 30 pounds

Hey everyone,

I know I didn't lose as much weight as most people on this sub, but after my girlfriend of 6 years left me because I got too fat, I took the opportunity to hit the ground running and work on myself.

Progress pics up front: http://imgur.com/gallery/0zY588b

In 2017, I was 265 pounds and a friend took me to the gym everyday and I got down to 190. Then in 2018, my mother passed away and I turned to food for comfort and by June of this year, I was up to 294 pounds.

Almost daily for the last 3 months, I've been walking 2 miles and lifting weights, as well as watching my caloric intake like a hawk. As of this morning, I'm down to 264 pounds and people are starting to comment frequently on how much weight I lost and how much better I'm looking.

The biggest change that I've noticed is my ability to even just walk up a short flight of stairs without my heart pounding and having to mask the fact that I was breathing heavily around my dad and others. Now I can do the very same with no effort and my heart rate doesn't budge. Aside from that, I feel physically stronger and overall much happier with myself and more confident, but I still have a long way to go.

My therapist told me to think of the longest drive I've ever been on and compare it to my start and end goal. I drove from New Hampshire to Toronto which took about 11 hours. So my motto that I wrote on the whiteboard near my front door days "How close are you to Toronto?" and that is really keeping me going

Thank you for reading!!

submitted by /u/main_account_hacked
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2X0dvqT

No comments:

Post a Comment