Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Emotional eating and stress making weight loss difficult

In the past, my weight has fluctuated a lot within a 20 pound range. But it has always been easy for me to get focused and reach my “normal” weight again without too much effort. I could typically drum up some motivation and just make it happen.

Now, between the pandemic and stress from grad school, I have put on about 20 lbs over the past year. And it has not wanted to come off. I think the biggest culprit is emotional eating to cope with stress. Being exhausted has also made it hard to feel motivated about losing weight.

Anyway, I’m back on the weight loss train. I’m using noom which is working fine. I like that it keeps me accountable. I’m counting calories, walking more, exercising, all the things. But it’s tough. A lot tougher than it’s been in the past. It’s like I have no willpower anymore.

Today my small win was turning down dessert, maybe for the first time ever. I went on a walk with some friends and everyone got ice cream after, but I skipped it. IT WAS SO HARD. Will this get easier? Anyone have advice to stay motivated? Tips to manage emotional eating? Would appreciate some advice.

submitted by /u/bluelemoncows
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2WYC0VI

No comments:

Post a Comment