Tuesday, September 7, 2021

I've lost 38lbs (17 kgs) without eating 'health food'

Male, 33, 6' 2'' (188cm). SW: 225 (102kg), CW: 187 (85kg), GW: 154 (70kg).

I'm so excited to share my progress with you guys! I've managed to lose 38lbs since March through calorie counting and regular jogging. My main go to meals have been things like pizza, burgers and fries, pita and felafel, pasta and bolognese, tacos and burritos, pancakes and waffles. All homemade from scratch. Each day I would drink (a lot of) coffee with a splash of milk for breakfast, and then I would stick to lunch and dinner as my two meals. I would also have snacks or dessert each day, consisting of things like candy snakes, chocolate, fruit and nuts, coke or ice cream, sometimes some wine. I've been easily hitting 1500 calories a day, and then doing my jogging on top of that. I started my weight loss journey back in March this year, but I've been following the plan listed above for the past three months or so where I've started seeing impressive results. I eased into this plan, starting with 1800 calories for a while, easing into skipping breakfast, and slowly upping the amount of running from 20mins 3 x a week to 40mins 5 x a week. It now feels like a very natural routine. Another important part of my approach has been regular therapy over Zoom to address the underlying issues of my weight gain, among other things.

It's been really important to me that I eat super delicious food that I love, and that I go to bed feeling full and satisfied every night. In the past I've done more extreme diets where I deprived myself of all the food I love, and I've always caved in and given up. It's totally changed my life making these delicious foods from scratch while understanding all the calories that go into them.

This community rules! Thanks for the inspiration. And make sure you're eating some delicious food too.

submitted by /u/packyoursnacks
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3DUuKL5

No comments:

Post a Comment