Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Been walking an hour a day for a month, marginal weight loss

I ended up getting up to 275 pounds thanks to antidepressants and now I'm trying to lose it while still taking those meds because I become unstable if I don't take them. I had done a diet before, without exercising too, and lost about 25 pounds in a matter of 2 and a half months! I hated the diet because I was hungry all the time and the food tasted like shit, and being depressed and on meds didn't help. Sadly my weight is now up by about 50 due to school and life stress and I can't seem to lose anything.

It's been a little more than a month since I started walking around the park to extend my walk home from work up to 1 hour. I thought it would help since I don't move around much otherwise. I'm also staying away from cookies and other snacks, eating fruits instead. Also staying away from bread, pasta and rice, as per the diet my nutritionist gave me.

Only lost 5 pounds so far and it feels really disappointing. I had lost more than 10 pounds at this point last year so I'm losing my confidence. I don't enjoy walking itself and the music gets boring like how the gum you chew loses flavor after a while.

I tried doing aerobic steps but that was super boring, even more boring than walking. I tried doing Ring Fit Adventure on Nintendo Switch but it's too intense and I can barely burn 150 kcal in 15 mins. It gave me some muscle mass but didn't help much losing weight. Also it makes me feel really sore, but at least it's kinda fun. I burn about 400 kcal if I walk for about an hour so I was sure I would lose some weight but I'm still a fat sack with little change. That's about 2500 kcal a week (Sunday is rest day)

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/AnxiousIntender
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2WTMdlL

No comments:

Post a Comment