Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Escalating Binge Eating

Every time I see my progress backslide, I break loose and go on a huge food binge. This morning my scale went up 3 pounds from the last time I weighed myself (3 days ago. I do it right in the morning) and I ended eating an entire pizza, 2 large chocolate chip cookies, probably 12-18 ounces of regular soda, tall glass of milk and 3 small bags of chips, doubling my daily calorie intake and sat on my butt all day.

Basically this occurs every time I start a “weight loss journey” and I’m shedding pounds week after week and then I see my scale creep up due to a plateau, bad eating day or even just muscle gain. My mind tells me, “meh, well I guess it’s time to throw in the towel and kick back and relax” and next thing I know I’m back at square one, or sometimes even worse than before! In this instance I know it’s only one day but I know I’ll continue down this path if I don’t nip it in the bud. I’m trying to make this weight loss journey different this time. The thing that annoys me most is that I know weight loss doesn’t happen overnight, but it’s like I assume it will be for me. Since I think I’m ✨sooo special✨ I just say F- it and go back to horrible habits.

I guess I came on here to write out my feelings (Psh, who needs personal journals), look for some support, search for those who are in the same boat, etc.

Can anyone else relate to this type of situation? Any advice on how to conquer this unhealthy habit? Does anyone else deal with this similar issue and have advice on how you navigate dealing with a toxic mind?

I’m tired of self sabotage.

Thanks for reading,

Sadie

submitted by /u/somebody_oncetoldme_
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3lGYfI7

No comments:

Post a Comment