Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Antidepressants and weight gain?

Hello! I’ve (5’8” F 84kg, 22) only started my weight loss journey a month ago. My question is: I’m using sertraline, and in the last 3 years of using it I gained 17 kgs. Is that the side effect of the drug, or the food I ate?

Because now I’m on a calorie-restricting diet, and although I am usually at around 1500 calories a day, I cannot seem to lose weight. It’s been a month and I’m confused on why I’m not losing anything.

I thought about whether I got intolerances (I don’t drink milk but maybe wheat too should be excluded?) and couldn’t think of another reason why I’m not losing any weight. I’m thinking of dropping the calorie count to 1300 and increasing the workout length.

Right now, I take 8000+ steps a day with approx. 1500 calories. Sertraline for 3+ years. Any thoughts?

Thank you!

submitted by /u/novarium
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YYMOnl

No comments:

Post a Comment