Tuesday, September 14, 2021

How High is Too High for a Calorie Deficit?

TLDR: 28F, 145lbs, 4x/week 1hr workouts, 1000 cal/day. Should I increase if my energy is good and I’m not hungry between meals?

Due to my own folly, COVID, and multiple moves, I gained about 40 pounds, creeping back up to my pre-college weight, and lost all my strength + visible muscles from hobby powerlifting. But I started working out on August 5, moving from 28F 5’4.5” 154lbs down to 145lbs on September 13. I am very happy with my results- I’m fitting back into my US6 jeans (was firmly in US8) and my men’s M shirts are very very loose at the stomach now. 4x per week weightlifting and cardio have gotten my endurance back up to the point that I can outlast my 5 year old! I haven’t felt this great in years, I’m full of energy and confidence. I wouldn’t mind losing about 20 more pounds but I’m more focused on achieving a leaner shape visually than a number on the scale. Buuut my friends and family are concerned after I shared that my quick weight loss was due to a steep calorie deficit. I didn’t have access to a stove/oven for a month, so I would eat two 300~ cal Healthy Choice meals and a 200 cal protein bar between 2-8PM every day. And I’ve gotten into the habit of it, so I’m just not hungry between the meals. I typically have to remind myself to eat, since I get distracted very easily. I don’t drink my calories since I don’t like soda and snacking isn’t my thing since getting COVID permanently impaired my ability to taste sweets. It isn’t so much that I’m still shooting for 1k per day so much as that it’s what it ends up being through habits I’ve formed.

I have plenty of energy at the gym and at home, plus I don’t feel hungry, so I feel like the concern about my 1k calorie deficit is a bit much, but I figured I’d ask some folks with more experience. Is there any benefit to reducing my calorie deficit if I feel fine?

submitted by /u/pixelatednarcissist
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3zgh2OR

No comments:

Post a Comment