Tuesday, September 14, 2021

What causes spikes in weight loss?

I don’t really care about my day-to-day weight loss all that much, but have been recording it every day because it’s an option in the calorie counting app, and I just like documenting things. Since I’m doing this, though, I noticed that my weight has been dropping in, like, sudden bursts.

For example, I went down a pound, held that for three days, went up a pound… nothing out of the ordinary, but then I dropped three pounds the next day, and another three the day after that. I did what anyone would do: I bought a new scale, and started including the digit after the decimal point so I would have a clearer picture of what’s going on.

I held that weight for another six days, and then in the last three days, have lost another three pounds. I would understand if they were fluctuations, losing weight and gaining it back just as quickly… but I don’t know what to make of what’s actually happening. Like, I’m not worried about it, I’m sure it’s not too unusual, but I’d love to know what causes that pattern. Is going out to eat with my girlfriend in the area of once a week giving my metabolism a little kick-start or something?

submitted by /u/Chesu
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2XiFS3m

No comments:

Post a Comment