Tuesday, September 14, 2021

I keep falling off and jumping back on the wagon to weight loss

I didn’t really know how to phrase my title. I’m 26F, 165cm and have had eating disorders for as long as I remember. When I was young I did so much sport that i didn’t gain weight - but then something not so nice happened and it got more jittery.

Nearly ten years ago, I had a bout of something dangerously close to anorexia where I starved myself and went from 65 to 45kg in just under 3 months. When I recovered I was hurled into the other direction. I went up to 88kg in beginning of 2019, and I managed to drop a few kilos. I then went to see a nutritionist, lost a few kilos, gained them back, and then managed to lose more, getting to 72kg in December 2020. I was 4kg away from not being overweight anymore (68, although ultimately my goal weight is about 60).

After an unfortunate incident, I ate my emotions away again and gained again, getting back to 80kg. I tried calorie counting and working out but it didn’t work very well with me, I’d just obsess over numbers and ultimately it became unhealthy for my mental health.

After being ill, I have just resurfaced from 4 days of ridiculously bad eating and I’m bracing myself to start what my nutritionist has prescribed (healthy eating, relearning proper portions etc). Before my binge I weighed 78kg, I’d therefore like to lose at least 10 but ideally 18kg and I feel like I’ll never achieve it. Right now I am bloated, guilty and feel like shit. I know all the tricks tips, I drink lots of water and even if I don’t see much on the scale (or arguably too much …) I’ve been told that I look like I’ve lost a bit.

This is more of a rant than anything, battling eating disorders and emotional eating is difficult, so thank you to this community where I don’t feel alone, and because this is one of my first steps to holding myself accountable !

submitted by /u/rantingraccoon
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3nzuJWX

No comments:

Post a Comment