Friday, September 3, 2021

I can't lose weight no matter what I do. A calorie deficit isn't working.

I used to be 350 pounds. I dropped down to 175 by following MyFitnessPal, and tons of weight lifting. It took about 2 years, but the weight loss was consistent and worked as expected while following a deficit. I got down to 14% body fat, with a solid amount of muscle.

Fast forward through corona, and I can't do it again. Ive gained 60 pounds through a horrible diet and alcohol. I needed to get my weight back under control.

I've done it before. I'm following the exact same process. Tracking calories, weighing my food, working out consistently. I've entertained the possibility that I'm overeating, but this is not the case. And I'm also aware that starvation mode is a myth. The law of thermodynamics is a law. I can't defy it. But I can't lose weight as a 230 pound man eating 1400-1500 calories a day while working out.

I'm a muscular 230 pounds, but I can definitely stand to lose about 30 pounds. I'm currently 23% body fat

I'm at a loss, and I just want to vent. Has anyone else experienced this, while being absolutely sure they they aren't overeating?

submitted by /u/cantdropit68
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3kYh21c

No comments:

Post a Comment