Sunday, September 19, 2021

If one more person tells me that I look fine as i am I will cry

Yes, I get it. I've got puberty and hormones and body insecurity and I am currently a whole 3 kg above the healthy weight designation for my age. I sound ridiculous or insecure when i say i want to lose weight.

But I've been eating like 3000 kcal as a barely pubescent girl everyday in snacks alone. I have an issue and every time i ask for help one well meaning adult tells me that I am 'fine' and that unless the doctor tells me too, I don't need to lose weight.

Tell me, how many of you wish you could go back and slap the cheetos out of teenage you's hand? Tell them that eating like an NFL line backer is a bad idea; that their grandma is a chronic over feeder or that they were simply eating their bullying away?

My doctor Daddy looks at me for 2 seconds and declares me fine. I likely won't ever visit any other doctors until I literally have bone showing. There is always takeaway in the fridge. Almost all of my aunties and grandmas are fat. My mother has a portion control issue. She 'joked' about me losing weight by not eating shit for so long that when i finally broke, I binged for days thinking that I was missing out on something.

I am trying to proactively solve a simple snacking and diet problem by going straight to the people who test the theories I hear about online for advice. I seek guidance on how to deal with unhelpful family members and eating your feelings. I want to wear that nice pair of jeans I sized out of due to a birthday party. I want to lose weight to be faster, more athletic, learn to cook healthier, better...

...and the most anyone will say is something vague about healthy eating and loving myself.

Well! The way I'm going, I'll love my way to an episode on My 300lb life: European edition if I don't start sitting up and doing something. After all, a body at rest remains at rest with their feet up because their over worked joints hurt and the journey of 1000lbs starts with a single chip.

EDIT: Thank you all so much for the advice! I hope you all find success with your own personal weight loss journeys as well!

submitted by /u/HEYYAYBEBE
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3nKxN2F

No comments:

Post a Comment