Monday, September 13, 2021

Is my goal possible without exercise?

I’m trying to lose as much weight as possible, within a year. No set numbers (those just stress me out), I’m just trying to become the smallest version of myself by this time next year.

What I wonder is, is it possible to do some serious damage without exercise? I’ve heard that weight loss is mostly diet anyway, but is not exercising going to seriously impede my ability to lose a massive mount of weight? For the record.... I could stand to lose 150lbs and I’m not that tall...

I’ve tried many many times to lose the weight.... and had a few serious attempts that lasted for a few months. But I’ve noticed a trigger for me is exercising. When I start to add that in, I get insatiable hunger. I’m also very scheduled-based with my approach to life, so adding that my schedule just stresses me out because I can’t skip it and it makes me stressed and additional stress related to dieting makes me not want to do it anymore and give up on all my efforts.

I’d like to try this round without exercising being a factor (if I feel like adding it later I can, but I’m not going to go into this time telling myself I have to exercise). I’ll basically be sedentary because I work a desk job where I work long hours.

I guess my question is, am I doing myself a massive disservice if I don’t exercise? Like will exercising make me lose a significant amount of weight more than just diet alone over the course of a year?

Clarification: I do at-home exercise. I have a treadmill and a stationary bike. When I exercised during previous attempts I’d push myself to do about 45 mins of exercise where I’m working my hardest possible during those sessions.

submitted by /u/GoldPossibility
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3An0XZr

No comments:

Post a Comment