Monday, September 13, 2021

Plateau, then Gained 14lb weight after 45lb weight loss.

F/5’6”/SW: 195, LW: 148, CW:169. GW: 135 UGW:125

College student, started college at 144lbs and gained until I weighed 195lbs at the end of freshman year despite watching weight, calorie tracking, doing cardio at the gym 2-3 times per week, etc.

(Side note: Sophomore year the college updated their menus to include calorie/nutrition info and found out the salads, broccoli, “healthy” options I was eating had 500-1500cal per what was in the portion sizes. How they could be that caloric dense is crazy to me)

Sophomore year, moved off campus, lost nearly all the weight over the course of the year and went down to 148lb. Did this through CICO, 1,000-1,200 calories per day, still exercised 2-3 times per day.

Junior year I start birth control and my weight went from 148-155 but maintained at 155lb for the course of the year. Still consuming 1,200 calories and exercising 2-4 times per week.

I am now a senior, I exercise at least once per day for one hour doing cardio and weights. I go for a walk or hike at least once per day. I hit between 10,000-17,000 steps per day according to my phone. I am still doing CICO 1,200 cal per day and I mainly eat vegetables and fruit and protein yogurt/shake. I sometimes eat chicken, and no dairy, rarely eat bread or pasta. No fast food, no juice, no soda. Mostly drink water and sometimes almond/cashew milk. I rarely drink coffee.

In the last month, I’ve went from 155lbs to 169lbs. I don’t know how. I’m very upset and I feel like a failure, I’m honestly scared to eat and I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. I’ve talked to Drs and personal trainers about my weight gain, as sometimes if I exercise too much I lose my period, but they don’t address anything and it doesn’t lead anywhere.

Can anyone recommend a course of action, or at least share your story? I’m down in the dumps, and would like some hope or advice.

Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/penguin8frog
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2XaXCOe

No comments:

Post a Comment