Monday, September 13, 2021

Keeping disciplined while on vacation in Italy

Hey,

So I've been having some success lately with weight loss (dropped about 8.5 pounds in 5 weeks). Been working out consistently. I'm a male, 29, 5'10 and weigh around 185 pounds.

I'm going to go to Italy for around two weeks (maybe 2.5) and for me a big part of traveling is food. I'll be going in about 2 weeks, so I should be down to 183ish pounds by the time of the trip.

I'm fine not drinking so much, but if I'm going to Italy I want to eat.

My RMR is ~1700 calories and I've been able to consistently run 30 mins (burning about 700 cals at a time).

My plan was to

  1. Skip breakfast (so effectively intermittent fast)
  2. Work up to 35 to 40 minute runs so I can burn more calories and try and run 4 times a week.
  3. Set my expectations to keep my weight, rather than lose any weight.
  4. I am debating about whether I should weigh my food. I've been having some success since I started to weight my food last week, but a part of me wants to just not do it because I want to try all the solid Italian food.

My concern is that we will definitely be doing some house parties (I'm going with two musician friends of mine who know how to have a good time)...and there will be drinking (as well as hopefully other stuff).

Drinking is like calorific dynamite - how can I limit this on this trip? Further - how can I ensure I don't over eat while on this trip?

submitted by /u/karna852
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3nuaw51

No comments:

Post a Comment