Sunday, September 19, 2021

Listened to an old ep of the "You're Wrong About" podcast on obesity. How correct is this info?

I'm a 31 year old man, I exercise regularly, I'm 5'8 and 193 lb, which is the heaviest I've ever been. I've been trying to get my weight down to about 180, nothing too dramatic. To do so I've just been exercising and using the MyFitnessPal ap to count calories. I'm not doing a crash diet, my plan is slow and steady weight loss down to my goal.

I just listened to an episode of the "You're Wrong About" podcast on the obesity epidemic, and while I find most of their episodes very informative, I found this one discouraging. They basically said that, based on research, when humans hit a new peak weight, their body will forever try to get them back to that weight, and that sustainable weight loss is "impossible."

So even if I were to try to lose weight and go from 193 down to 180 or 175, my body would just go a little nuts and slow down my metabolism, make me feel hungry all the time, etc. until I got back to 193.

How accurate or inaccurate is this? I found it a bit demoralizing.

submitted by /u/IAmTheJudasTree
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3ziziHC

No comments:

Post a Comment