Monday, September 20, 2021

My social life is becoming my biggest excuse not to lose weight

For context, I’m 21 (about to turn 22), I’m in my senior year of college, and my life feels like it’s coming back to normal ever since the pandemic started. I go to a city school and most of my social life revolves around bars, parties, and anything alcohol related. I love my friends very much and our relationships are much deeper than going out and drinking, but often times, we are surrounded by alcohol.

I am well aware of the calorie content in alcohol… it’s not pretty lol. I honestly blame my alcohol consumption for the current weight I’m at. I also tend to binge or eat shitty food after a night of drinking which makes me pack on even more weight.

There’s a large part of me that wants to take a break from my social life, focus on myself, and lose 40 pounds so I can feel like myself again. I don’t think it will be possible for me to lose any weight if I keep drinking the way that I have been drinking. In order to avoid all temptation and to stick to my goals, I feel like I need to isolate from all opportunities that involve alcohol. But at the same time, I’m 21 and have so many experiences to make. I don’t want to hold myself back from living my life and meeting new people.

I’m sorry this is such a ramble, but I wanted to know if anyone else has struggled with their social life getting in the way of their weight loss goals?? How did you balance it? Or should I just work on myself for the next 7 months in order to reach my goal?

submitted by /u/seizure-salads
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3lFt9jT

No comments:

Post a Comment