Friday, September 10, 2021

[NSV] I wore a bikini to the pool and I'm not deleting the pictures.

Long time lurker, first time I've actually had something worth posting.

I'm pretty pleased with myself today. I wore a bikini to the pool and I'm not deleting the photos.

It's not just a weight loss thing, it's also a self confidence thing. I've dropped 2 sizes in the last year and a half and it's really given me a boost mentally. This is the first time in my adult life that I've felt comfortable enough in my own skin to actually show some skin. It's a good feeling.

I've been slowly dropping weight through quarantine. I've taken a pretty lazy approach admittedly, I've basically been making my portions the same size as my 6 year old, and trying to keep up with him physically while playing. I'm actually really impressed with how effective this strategy has been. It doesn't feel like a struggle, it feels like I'm engaging more with my kid. Also the mental health boost from just letting myself be free and play at the park/pool is amazing.

submitted by /u/QuiteSimplyJane
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3hkgwJL

No comments:

Post a Comment