Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Small victory

I've been counting calories (Lose It app) on and off for about 5 months. I've upped my exercise (mostly Zumba and Latin dance videos on YouTube) and I've lost 10 pounds. Not much for 5 months, I know, but this 10 pounds feels different. During that time, I had COVID and related problems afterward, I moved, I kept taking my grad classes, and I kept working and parenting. Usually when I go through a big life stress, I gain a few pounds. This time I lost a few. If I go a few days without tracking my food or exercising, rather than beating myself up and giving up, I just start tracking again. My goal is more days tracking than not, more days exercising than not. In previous weight loss attempts, I've given up due to perfection paralysis. If I didn't perfectly track my calories or stick exactly to my exercise plan, I'd give up. I'm learning to be kinder to myself. I'm hoping the next 10 pounds comes off faster than the previous 10, but down is down. I'm committing to treating myself with kindness and to just keep moving forward.

submitted by /u/Jeannie_Kay
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3hvdHpr

No comments:

Post a Comment