Saturday, September 4, 2021

Starting weight loss journey (again) to get back to pre-COVID weight. Hoping to find some accountability through the sub

I'm a 30f, currently weighing in at ~185lbs at 5'7" tall. I've been an athlete all my life, mainly softball, but I've also played basketball, soccer and volleyball. My family is all overweight, probably because they are inactive. About 7 years ago, right after graduating college, I ballooned up to 210lbs. I was drinking and eating like crazy at work events and had dropped almost all physical activity. I yo-yo dieted and exercise for a couple of years until I found running. Training for my first marathon I lost 60lbs, at my lowest I was 153lbs, which lasted about five minutes 🤣. I consistently hovered between 160-165 lbs for four years while training. COVID hit, races were cancelled, depression kicked in and here I am. I have been doing CrossFit for about 5 months and started back with running, but my nutrition is still awful. Slowly working on getting that back under control, it has been really tough working from home surprisingly. At work I had a routine with eating. Breakfast and lunch at the same time and limited desire for snacks because i was always busy/occupied. Now I'm still busy with work, but I can gaze in the fridge while on my meetings, snacking even though I know I'm not hungry.

I am the same weight right now as I was in college, but huge transition in body composition. I have much more muscle mass and less body fat now, I'm in way better shape, and I generally feel better. I just felt so much better about myself at marathon training weight. I liked how my clothes fit, I liked how I looked, I liked having a flat stomach, I enjoyed clothes shopping, I enjoyed taking pictures with my friends. I just want to get back to that place and mindset again.

I know how to get back down to healthy weight with proper nutrition and exercise. I just haven't had the will power to stick with it for more than a week or so at a time. Then something happens at work or at home and I get back in the poor choices rut.

submitted by /u/Average_Lady_
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3tgFLRZ

No comments:

Post a Comment