Friday, September 3, 2021

Strength training while targeting weight loss?

Wondering what y’all’s thoughts are on strength training when in calorie deficit?

For diet, I’ve currently got a target deficit of a little under a pound a week, and I add any exercise (based on Apple Watch estimate) back into my calorie budget.

For strength, I’ve been doing bodyweight stuff for about an hour 3-4 times a week and taking whey protein afterwards, but still targeting a calorie deficit on those days.

Weight loss is definitely the bigger goal for me right now. I figured any muscle / strength gained in the mean time is a plus. That said, I’m wondering if those things are at cross purposes of each other? Should I adjust either one for a better effort of losing weight over time? My goal weight is about 6 months out at my current rate of loss.

Interested to hear y’all’s thoughts. Thanks!

submitted by /u/vertazontal
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/38Fdc7g

No comments:

Post a Comment